Wednesday, April 25, 2007

More

So, Eleanor doesn't really talk yet (she knows Daddy and Banana..I hope Mama will come around and stick one of these days!) but she understands a ton of what we say, and she communicates pretty well without the English language! Her favorite sign right now is "more." All day every day, she wants "more", she loves "more"! More food, more juice or milk, more songs, more games, more nursery rhymes, more tickles, more climbing the stairs, more turning the lights on and off...and especially more books! She has about 25 books that we read through many times a day. She is quite content but I must say I am getting desperate for new board books! I have had most of these memorized for months! :D I think I am going shopping soon. I am so happy to have a daughter who loves to read and play, and whose favorite word is "more" instead of "no"!

1 comment:

Maren Berry said...

They have some great board books at Children's Book of the Month Club. I joined it a while back, and it's not like those other clubs where you have to keep mailing the selections back- they send you an e-mail, or a snailmail with the new book, and you can reply yes or no. We've gotten some great ones from there. She is really into the "What do __'s do" series. They have about 6 or so books about different animals, and Jordan likes the sparkles that are on each page- kind of a reflective shiny part... anyway, it's a cool club. (cbomc.com) And it's great to hear that she loves reading! :)