Sunday, May 10, 2009

me and mine on mother's day

First of all, how thankful I am for my own Mom! I realize more and more how significant her investment in my life has been...and still is! She has always been a giver, such an example of giving herself to her children. I love you, Mom! And my dear mother-in-law...how grateful I am for her years of investing in and raising her wonderful, amazing, Godly son - my husband! I love you, too! And now I have the blessing of watching these two women with my own children.

And my own sweet ones...I echo Psalm 127, what a blessing they are from our good and gracious Lord!! I LOVE being their Mommy. For those of you who read my "Overwhelmed" post...these last couple weeks have not been quite so challenging, I am thankful! All in all, I have been reminded through the past 2 months that mothering is about sowing...and knowing that although there are MANY daily rewards, much of the reaping will be future!




Some of the daily rewards I have enjoyed very recently:
* Eleanor singing so, so many songs to and about the Lord, about Jesus!
* Eleanor's questions about God, salvation, Heaven. Her sweet spirit.
* Her love of books, the way she grasps letter and numbers, watching her do a gymnastics class!
* Watching silliness and senses of humor continue to develop in both my kiddos!
* Eleanor and Will playing so happily together! Eleanor calling him, "William! William! Come on! Come play over here!"...encouraging him, "You can do it, Will!"...even "William Robert, don't disobey me!" *grin* Will looking for her after his nap, "Sister, sister!"...copying her...making her laugh.
* Will's love of planes, trucks, dogs, birds, and especially TRASH CANS. Driving in the car, listening to him yelling in the backseat as we drive through neighborhoods, "Trash! Trash! Bye-bye trash!"...repeated every 10 seconds!
* Will's growing vocabulary and love of moving - running, jumping, somersaults! Also, the way he loves to play with things that are not toys (outlet protectors, paper cups, anything with a lid, egg cartons...)
* Spontaneous expressions of affection from Eleanor and Will toward me, Todd, one another.
* New baby - lots and lots and LOTS of movement!

It's been a good Mother's Day. And to top it all off, Todd brought me a gorgeous red geranium, it's hanging on the porch!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Bill and Jenn said...

Hey Noelle-
So fun to be back in touch with you via The Blog. :)
Sorry it's taken so long to respond to your nap question.
I have to laugh, because you sound EXACTLY like me when we were considering moving them to the same room.... "How am I gonna do naptime?@!?"
And wouldn't you know, it all worked out. :)
YES, I napped them at the same time in the afternoon-- usually about 2pm-4pm ish-- and after a couple days of adjustment, they did fine. Lexy is now only napping about 2-3 times a week, so it isn't always as issue. But the funny part is that Tori sometimes cries for Lexy on the days when Lexy is having "Quiet Time" and isn't napping! (I never shared a room and never had a sister, so secretly I'M THRILLED that they are developing such a close bond!)
I'm sure they both don't get a GREAT nap every day, but they do sleep, and that's all that really matters, I guess. And on the days when they take not so great naps, it makes bedtime be really easy because they're READY for bed. :)

Hope that helps! How fun that you have #3 on the way! Looking forward to cute pictures on the blog this summer!!!
Take care,
Jenn