Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

First of all, here's a shout out to my own dear Daddy, with whom I have so many wonderful memories, and with whom I continue to make memories! I remember him rubbing my legs at night when I had growing pains, making up adventure stories to tell to me, taking me hiking and looking for mountain lion tracks, building an aluminum can crusher for a science fair project, teaching me the value of being a hard worker, together with my mom showing me what hospitality looks like, walking me down the aisle on my wedding day, loving God in front of me...I love you, Dad! And my father-in-law, who helped make my amazing husband who he is, and who has always welcomed me into the family with open arms! I am so thankful for both of these men.

And now MY husband, the father of my children! He is the perfect daddy for Eleanor and Will. He shows them unconditional love, makes the best choices for them, talks to them about Christ, plays with them, makes them laugh (and laugh and laugh and laugh!)... These last few weeks especially I have enjoyed watching the three of them at the heights of good play.

Here are some pictures of Eleanor and her Daddy. The second one is of Todd making his own Father's Day dinner (his choice, I promise!)...it was amazing! He was in true "Grillmaster" form - beer-can chicken, grilled zucchini, even grilled pineapple and ice cream for dessert! The next photo is of Eleanor giving Todd a Father's Day card. This is what she directed me - all on her own - to write on the inside:
"I like you to play with me, Daddy! Hi Daddy! I like you to color. Thank you for getting ice cream with me. Will you watch a movie with me when you get home? Thank you for getting me a bike! I love you!"

How SWEET is that?!

Pictures of Will next...



Posted by Picasa

No comments: