Thursday, January 15, 2009

Happy New Year - With My Grandparents

We took a day and drove a couple of hours to see my grandparents - they are all four still living! My mom's parents have been and still are pretty spunky people. My dad's parents are in a nursing home and have greatly declined physically and mentally. It was hard to see them, sad, but very good as well. I was so glad to get to give them both a hug and a kiss, to sing to my grandma songs she sang to me when I was a little girl, to get pictures of my kids with my grandpa and grandma.
I don't know, I wonder, I hope...that they can pray, that they can think on Scripture and be comforted by Christ.






1 comment:

christian and amanda said...

The last time I saw your grandma, I was in City Market, and thought I was going to give birth to Priya in the parking lot. I smiled and chatted...and then rushed off. Good to see their photo. And, I love the trike picture!