Sunday, January 4, 2009

What they're up to

We are vacationing in Lake City (headed home tomorrow) and have taken 665 pictures with our new camera! I am not kidding. I just counted. You'll be seeing a fraction of those, they'll come!

But for now, what my kiddos are doing these days.

Eleanor - singing songs, riding her new trike, counting past 16, learning letter sounds, wanting to choose everything and control her life down the color of straw she drinks out of or how her sunglasses are folded, asking lots of questions about God and Jesus, loving holiday sweets, using her imagination, doing lots of things herself, playing with Will and bossing him a little, talking all the time and giving commentary on her life, saying funny things like:
"Who is going to pray in this family?!" at mealtime...
"When my piggy jammies are dirty, I like to wear my hippo jammies, and when my hippo jammies are dirty I wear my piggy jammies, because I love them both and they are cozy and beautiful!"
"Can I see your underwear?" (She is not shy about asking this question - watch out!"
"Daddy, are you going to ask me about my day?"
"Can we go see some other old people now?" (visiting my grandparents at the nursing home)

She keeps us on our toes!



William - shaking his head NO (shakes his whole body actually), saying words "yep" or "yeah", "all done", "amen", "nana"(for banana), "juice", and now, in addition to "Dad-Dad" and "Mama", he is saying "Eleanor"! Her name sounds a little like "On", but he is definitely talking about his sister! The night after we got back from WA was the first night they hadn't been in the same room in a week, and when I put him to bed he cried and cried and pointed at the door, "On! On! On!" Oh my goodness melt my heart! He does a lot of animal sounds - bunny, frog, snake, sheep, lion, bear, tiger, cat... Also the sounds of cars, helicopters, and airplanes. Signs for airplane, all done, and please. He can identify 6 or so body parts. He loves to be outside, loves to be tickled by his Daddy, loves to play with Eleanor (often trying to destroy something she is working on!), loves to cuddle with and hug his Mommy. Doesn't love car rides, but enjoys then more now that his carseat is facing front! Loves to eat snacks and loves to be chased. Understands so much of what we say. Finds things he shouldn't have. Likes to play with non-toys, carries things around like tupperware and empty pepsi bottles. Still has a grin that melts me.


Wow, I love them both!

1 comment:

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

love hearing about everything they do! wish i could see it all in person. i still get a lump in my throat when i picture my little home there and the church and all of you friends...still, after 5 mos + i still feel like i'm just on a long visit away...but, in truth, God is showing me that this is home for now. :-)

give your kiddos a hug for me...miss you all!