Thursday, August 9, 2007

Sixty-Five Blessed Years





So Todd and I celebrated our 5th anniversary on Friday - and my grandparents celebrated their 65th on Saturday!! Can you believe it, 65 years? They got married in Vegas when my grandmother was only 16, right before my grandfather left for war. I know they had very difficult times in their marriage, but God has been so faithful to them, as they testify! Today they have four children and lots of grandkids and great-grandkids, love their Savior, and are spunky and active in serving the Lord and their church family. To God be the glory!

Their anniversary celebration was like a big family reunion. It was so fun to see aunts and uncles, catch up with my cousins and their kids, watch my grandpa with his 2 living brothers, and even meet a few people I had never met before. And of course time with my own parents and sister and brother is always good.

2 comments:

Maren Berry said...

You have such a cute family! I love that one of everyone! :) Your brother is looking a lot like your dad these days! Congrats to the grandparents on 65 years! :)

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

What a wonderful story...sounds like a best seller to me! Where did Polly get her dress...it is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!