Friday, June 20, 2008

"Feel-Good Friday"

I actually thought about titling this post, "Has Anyone Ever Died of a Sore Throat?" but decided against it. I feel physically crummy, but I still have lots to be thankful for about this past week!

*My husband, my dad, my father-in-law. I never got to a Father's Day post because of a very busy weekend, but I am so blessed to have these men in my life. Todd is the most wonderful Daddy I could imagine for our children. He is loving, gentle and compassionate, silly, a great teacher, a playmate, a model. My own Dad has always been to me a picture of humility, hospitality, and servanthood. I have many fond memories with him growing up...hiking, fishing, looking for mountain lion tracks, listening to him tell stories in bed at night, him rubbing my feet when I had "growing pains." My father-in-law is thoughtful, generous, supportive, interested. I love all these guys!

*We spent last weekend with our church's missionaries to Pamplona, Spain, Joshua and Naomi Smith and their littlest one, Selma. (By the way, they were here; we were not in Spain!) I was encouraged in our fellowship; reminded that we are to be the church in the MIDST of the unbelieving world; reminded to treasure the character qualities in the beattitudes. All in all, a really great time.

*Our friend Amy came over to be with the kiddos while Todd and I went on our first date in at least 2 months! Dinner and a movie - Indiana Jones! We had such a great time together and were thankful for a friend like Amy.

*Todd worked only mornings on Thursday and today so he could take care of us!

*We have a potty-trained 2 year old!

1 comment:

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

hope you start feeling better soon!