Saturday, September 29, 2007

Shots and the Glories to Follow!





I remember as a kid the fun of getting a special treat after a hard Dr's. visit. Actually, I mostly remember the fun of getting a special treat after my sister Polly's appointments...she had a LOT of pokes! You know, while I'm thinking of it, I guess I'll tell my most horrible shot story: it was my kindergarten tetanus shot, and I woke up in the middle of the night needing to go to the bathroom but my leg was SO painful I couldn't budge! And of course no one could hear my feeble cries for help. So, I did the only thing I could possibly do. I wet the bed and laid in my urine until morning. How gross is that?! I told you it was my most horrible shot story!

All that was a total rabbit trail. Eleanor had her immunizations on Monday - oh, the tears! - so Todd and I took her to a NEW park and then we all shared a Junior Frosty....she had a blast and I dare say she might endure shots again if she remembers the fun to come after them!

No comments: