Thursday, October 30, 2008

Doggie pictures...ETC

Luther is so great with our children. He puts up with quite a bit of jowl pulling, back climbing, food bowl hovering, and so on, especially from Will!







Those are the doggie pictures. As far as the ETC:

10 days later, I am STILL constantly wiping (and sucking out with the good ol' bulb thing) two green noses...not to mention my own, but to a much lesser extent. We also have two productive coughers and a somewhat grumpy William.

Also, I HATE the fall time change!! Before I had kids, I thought there was something kind of fun about the time change. How sick and wrong I was. In preparation for Sunday when the clocks "fall back", I have been moving my own watch - thus E's and W's naps, meals, bedtimes - back by small amounts each day. I started this last Saturday night. This idea has worked great in the past with Eleanor. Will, however, is not napping real well, and is waking up early (early in our old/current time, not even just the time we're working toward!) even though he is going to bed "late." *sigh* Things could be worse, I know, I know.

AND this whole week+ the temperature downstairs in our house has been between 78-81 degrees in the afternoon. Ugh. Two weeks ago we had a little cold snap and figured the middle of October in Colorado was probably a great time to remove our whole-house swamp cooler for the winter. How wrong we were!

And we had a little financial crisis as far as timing bills...

AND I broke the side view mirror off the car when I backed out today.

I suppose this is just "one of those days" for me! But my blessings FAR outweigh these momentary discomforts!! God is so good to me in Christ Jesus.

This has been a random post, so I'll add to it:

Here are a few more recent photos.

Although Todd and I agreed this probably wasn't the best idea Eleanor has ever had, it was pretty funny!


Pre-breakfast hang-out.


Wrestling!


Last night we carved a pumpkin and roasted the seeds. Fun!

1 comment:

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

i'm sorry you've had such a rough time...

so sorry...but i know you always purpose your heart to keep a Godly perspective. :-)

Will might be changing his nap routine??? Tulip started goign down a little differently after she was 1 and then again a few months after that...of course, Will's not your first so you know the routine... :-) it'll get better...and if it doesn't, try not to let it stress you out too much.

call or email if you ever need an ear!