Saturday, March 8, 2008

I Can Top That....

Todd and I and our friend Amy H. are American Idol buddies. We have had great fun so far this season! I was inspired to write this blog this week as the Idol contestants were telling their most embarrassing moments, because I have to tell you, I was NOT impressed. Come on, people, surely you have got something better! Now, I did make numerous runs up and down the stairs to pop in a paci, give another goodnight kiss, and do laundry, so maybe I missed a couple of good ones. Anyway...

I have had more than one EXCRUCIATINGLY embarrassing moment, let me tell you! But I'll share, condensed version, what might be the topper:

Driving up the 14 freeway near Santa Clarita one December evening, on my way to help my then-boyfriend-now-husband decorate his Christmas tree, I rear-ended someone, who then rear-ended the car in front of her. Embarrassing enough, I suppose, but that is NOT the story. My airbag went off, smoke and airbag dust were everywhere, and Christmas ornaments were in my lap. I got out of my car - ON THE FREEWAY - never mind pulling over to the shoulder. My car door closed behind me and LOCKED. What insane person ever invented that feature, I ask you???? MY CAR STARTED TO ROLL BACKWARDS DOWN THE FREEWAY (I was at the top of a hill). Could this story could get any worse? Yes. I RAN BESIDE IT. Crying. You would be, too, trust me. As my renegade car began to pick up speed, someone sent from the Lord, I tell you, drove up behind my car and stopped it with his car. Maybe an angel!! End of embarrassing (understatement) story? Nope! All of a sudden SOMEONE I ACTUALLY KNEW arrived on the scene.

TOP THAT, Idol contestants!

1 comment:

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

noelle-enter that in a contest, you'll win big. (wink) *elizabeth